November 19, 2007
Question 3 of 5 from the theme round. Be sure to read the rules in that post carefully!
What’s the missing number 4 in the series below?
4 – ??
Cracked by: nisha’s thambi , VikraM , iamniks , Gammafunction , Tathagata Chatterjee , sidsen , deepak , Abhishek , alephnull , bobo , yaksha , prasanth , udupendra, and Keerthi Kiran M.
bobo, sidsen, Gammafunction and nisha’s thambi got the theme! 1 point for the answer + 2 points for the theme added to their totals :-)
Models of the atom and how they evolved through the years:
1) John Dalton’s atomic theory
2) JJ Thompson’s plum-pudding model of the atom
3) Rutherfords model of the atom, from the gold-sheet experiment
4) Bohr’s model of the atom (discrete electron orbits!)
5) Current model of the atom with the concept of electron clouds around a nucleus, based on Heisenberg’s theories.
The answer: Bohr’s model of the atom.