November 17, 2007
Has anyone else felt the standings have been a little too static for a long time? Like all good geeks, we like to shake things up a little every now and then. So here’s what we’re planning to do:
The next five questions will form a Theme round.
The format is this: all of the five answers are going to be related in some way. This common thread between all of them is the theme. You need to figure out what the theme is and post it.
For example, if the answers to the 5 questions are Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham and Peter Grant, respectively, then the “theme” is that they were the founding members of Led Zeppelin. So, for each question, you answer with the actual answer, and the theme (in separate posts). If you give us that theme, you get the points.
- You get your usual 1 point for the answer, if you get it right
- Additionally, you will get
- 4 points if you get the theme from the first question
- 3 points if you get the theme from the second question
- 2 points if you get the theme from the third question
- 1 point if you get the theme from the fourth question
- and no points for getting the theme from the fifth question, but your name will be mentioned.
And no negative points at all. We’re throwing away points :-)
- Please post the theme answer and the regular answer in separate posts! Do not make them a part of the same post. I cannot emphasize this enough!
- You’re allowed one attempt at the theme in each question.
- Any number of people can get the theme
We will hide all the theme answers till the end of 5 days. If you crack the theme before that, we’ll announce your name and give you the points.
The theme comes out at the end of 5 days.